You need a perfect avocado toast recipe that’s 100% no-nonsense. It is a simple and delicious breakfast, light meal or snack, and it’s one of my favourite meals in general. It contains a vast number of useful antioxidants and nutrients, most especially when made on whole grain bread. You’re missing a lot if you’re a stranger to avocado toast. If you’re familiar with it, well, I hope you find some easy steps to get your toast ready.
Key Benefits of Avocado
- It contains a lot more potassium (an important mineral resource for the human body) than bananas
- Contains high monounsaturated fat, which are considered as good-fat as it helps to low the risk of a heart disease
- In addition, it comes with loads of rich fiber which can contribute to weight loss and metabolic health
- Avocados can improve risk of a heart disease by lowering cholesterol, including blood triglycerides
- Furthermore, its a good source of healthier living
- Studies have shown avocado can help prevent cancer
- Loaded with powerful antioxidants (carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin) to help protect eyes
- Extracts from avocado may help relieve symptoms of arthritis, a well known disease in western countries due to its chronic nature
Nutritional Facts of Avocado
The nutritional facts of avocado data below are derived from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
- Calories 114
- Dietary fiber 6 g
- Total sugar 0.2 g
- Potassium 345 milligrams (mg)
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Vitamin E 1.3 mg
- Magnesium 19.5 mg
- Vitamin A 43 micrograms (μg)
- Vitamin K 14 μg
- Monounsaturated fatty acids 6.7 g
- Vitamin B-6 0.2 mg
- One 8-ounce ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and halved.
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter or extra-virgin olive oil.
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- Fine salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole grain or whole wheat bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO TOAST:
- Gеntlу mаѕh thе аvосаdо with thе back оf a fоrk іn a ѕhаllоw bоwl. Sеаѕоn wіth fіnе salt and blасk рерреr.
- Toast the brеаd wіth the mаѕhеd аvосаdо mіxturе.
- Lіghtlу rub 1 ѕіdе оf еасh slice with thе cut ѕіdе оf thе garlic; discard thе gаrlіс.
- Lіghtlу bruѕh thе toasts wіth оіl, and season with fіnе ѕаlt and рерреr.
- Dіvіdе thе mаѕhеd аvосаdо еvеnlу аmоng the tоаѕtѕ, and tор wіth mоrе flаkу ѕеа ѕаlt, mоrе black рерреr and rеd рерреr flаkеѕ іf uѕіng.
Sign up and don't miss any of our weekly emails on weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and spiritual / motivational quotes to help you grow in Christ.