In this post, we will be looking at 36 important bible verses about communion and how to commune with God. Some of these bible verses about communion also talks about the Lords super and its significance to every believer.
Follow us for more inspiring bible verses to live by daily:
What did Jesus say about communion?
Jesus introduced Holy Communion during His last supper shared with His disciples as a way to remember His death and resurrection and what He did on the cross of Calvary. He marked this by breaking the bread which represented His body and drinking the wine which represented His blood.
Is it OK to take communion at home?
Yes it’s perfectly OK to take the holy communion at home. In-fact the first holy communion carried by Jesus was done in some’s home. God expects all His children to take communion at home from time to time as a reminder of the suffering Christ endured for our sin until His coming back.
Bible Verses About Communion
1. And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. – Acts 2:42
2. In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me. – 1 Corinthians 11:25
3. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. – Revelation 3:20
4. The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! – John 1:29
5. But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8
6. For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread. – 1 Corinthians 11:23
7. When he was at table with them, he took the bread and blessed and broke it and gave it to them. – Luke 24:30
8. I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom. – Matthew 26:29
9. And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me. – Luke 22:19
10. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died. – 1 Corinthians 11:30
11. For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. – John 6:33
12. And when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me. – 1 Corinthians 11:24
13. Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? – 2 Corinthians 6:14
14. That they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. – John 17:21
15. For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. – 1 Corinthians 11:26
16. So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy. – Philippians 2:1
17. Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread. – 1 Corinthians 10:17
18. On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the next day, and he prolonged his speech until midnight. – Acts 20:7
19. Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. – John 6:35
20. So Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. – John 6:53
21. But if anyone who is clean and is not on a journey fails to keep the Passover, that person shall be cut off from his people because he did not bring the Lord’s offering at its appointed time; that man shall bear his sin. – Numbers 9:13
22. And the angel said to me, Write this: ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’ And he said to me, These are the true words of God. – Revelation 19:9
23. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works. – Hebrews 10:24
24. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. – 2 Corinthians 13:14
25. Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. – 1 Corinthians 11:28
26. What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I commend you in this? No, I will not. – 1 Corinthians 11:22
27. That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. – 1 John 1:3
28. And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. – John 17:3
29. The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ? – 1 Corinthians 10:16
30. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. – Isaiah 53:5
31. Speak to the people of Israel, saying, ‘If any one of you or of your descendants is unclean through touching a dead body, or is on a long journey, he shall still keep the Passover to the Lord.’ – Numbers 9:10
32. But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world. – 1 Corinthians 11:32
33. Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. – 1 Corinthians 5:7
34. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts. – Acts 2:46
35. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh. – John 6:51
36. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. – 1 John 1:9
37. Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. – Hebrews 10:25
38. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. – 1 John 1:7
39. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. – 1 Corinthians 11:27
40. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called today, that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. – Hebrews 3:13
I hope you have been blessed by these bible verses about communion, and learnt something new today on the importance of the holy communion.