A collection of bible verses about hope in hard times, bible verses about trusting God in difficult times, bible verses about hope and faith in Christ and the coming of the Lord to take the saints home. Hope is a simple word that shines light in the dark. It is not just wishful thinking, but an earnest expectation of something yet to manifest.
Oftentimes, when the world seems to be against us, hope can appear to be far from us. It is during these times that we often feel helpless and depressed. Yet, we forget that even when the whole world is against us, God is still there for us. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us, and will always be there for us no matter how bad we may have been.
What does the Bible say about difficult times?
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
How to overcome hard times bible verses
There are many ways in which we can overcome hard times in life. Below are a few bible scriptures that would help you overcome hard times as long as you believe in God and trust Him.
1) Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. – Nehemiah 8:10
2) You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. – Psalm 32:7-8
3) Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. – Isaiah 43:1-3
God’s word continually declares how much He loves us and wants the very best for us. We can take encouragement in His Word as they show us how much He desires for us to succeed and achieve great things in life.
I urge you, be joyful in His presence and be encouraged in your hearts, knowing that He desires to see us fulfill destiny. We can trust Him and put our hopes in Him as He has promised to fulfill His plans for us.
Please take time to meditate on some of this popular bible verses on hope and remember that not only is God our Helper in the ages past, He is even more so our Hope and Strength in the years to come.
Don’t forget to also check out:
Bible Verses About Hope in Hard Times
1. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you. – Psalm 33:22
2. But Jesus looked at them and said, with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. – Matthew 19:26
3. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. – Romans 15:13
4. . For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
5. But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, Do not fear, only believe. – Mark 5:36
6. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. – Proverbs 3:5
7. For the evil man has no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out. – Proverbs 24:20
8. As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. – Psalm 71:14
9. For God gave us a spirit not of fear, but of power and love and self-control. – 2 Timothy 1:7
10. And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you. – Psalm 39:7
Bible Verses About Trusting God
11. So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. – 2 corinthians 4:16-18
12. O Lord, you alone are my hope; I’ve trusted you from childhood. – Psalms 71:5
13. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. – Romans 5:2-5
14. You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. – Job 11:18
15. Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, there will be a future, and your hope will not be cut off. – Proverbs 24:14
16. so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. – Titus 3:7
17. The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. – Zephaniah 3:17
18. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied. – 1 corinthians 15:19
19. One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. – Psalm 27:4-5
20. But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40:31
Bible Verses About Hope and Faith
21. For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. – Romans 15:4
22. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, – 1 peter 1:3
23. Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. – Hebrews 11:1
24. There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. – Proverbs 23:18
25. Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him. – Proverbs 26:12
26. Jesus said to her, Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. – John 4:13-14
27. Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. – Deuteronomy 31:6
28. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. – Romans 8:24-25
29. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. – Romans 12:12
30. And Jesus said to him, If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes. – Mark 9:23
31. God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? – Numbers 23:19
32. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. – Ephesians 1:18-19
What does Romans 15:13 mean?
1) May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. – NIV
2) May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. – ESV
3) Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. – KJV
4) Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. – NASB
5) I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. – NLT
6) Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. – CSB
The above different versions of Romans 15:13 clearly indicates a prayer by Paul to the Christians in Rome. This is a prophetic prayer by Paul for Christians to trust in God so He can fill us with His peace, joy and hope.
We hope you have been blessed by this collection of bible verses about hope in hard times, bible verses about trusting God in difficult times, bible verses about hope and faith in Christ.