In this post, we will be looking at over 20 bible verses about peace and strength, inspirational quotes about peace, or bible scriptures on peace. When we talk about peace, we usually refer to a lack of conflict, the tranquility of mind, or the calmness of heart. However, in the Bible, it has a much richer and deeper meaning. We can describe peace with a lot more meaning by looking at the Hebrew word ‘Shalom’ – which translates to peace.
According to the New King James version, the word ‘Shalom’ can also be described as: completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfection, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord.
This is the kind of peace that the Word of God talks about, the kind of peace that God wants to give us. God wants us to have complete wholeness and perfection in every area of our lives, and through the work of Christ, it has already been given unto us.
Therefore, when we put our trust in God, we shall also inherit His peace and have an undisturbed composure, no matter what our circumstances may be. He desires to give us peace like a river that flows endless. Even when it seems as if we are experiencing a drought in our lives, when we feel parched by life’s trials, the river of life flows from His throne right into our hearts.
What is a good prayer for peace?
Hebrews 13:20-21: – Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Other motivational and inspiring quotes
Like the river flowing through the land provides water for life, so His life giving peace flows through us and renews our spirit. Indeed, we are trees planted by the rivers of living water, and by staying close to the peaceful waters of God, we shall be filled with the abundant life of Christ, and truly live in an everlasting peace.
With that in mind, the quotes about peace selected below are meant to help you achieve a new sense of tranquility. So go ahead, go through the quotes, and be inspired to incorporate the peace of God in both your life and the lives of those around you.
Inspirational Quotes About Peace
1. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. – John 14:27
2. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
3. Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. – Romans 5:1
4. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. – Romans 14:17-19
5. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. – Colossians 3:15
6. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. – Psalm 4:8
7. They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it. – 1 Peter 3:11
8. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
Bible Verses About Peace
9. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. – Philippians 4:9
10. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness. – Galatians 5:22
11. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. – Colossians 3:15
12. Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, – Romans 5:1
13. The Lord lift up his face to you and grant you peace. – Numbers 6:26
14. Deceit is in the heart of those who plan evil, but there is joy for those who advise peace. – Proverbs 12:20
Bible Scriptures on Peace
15. Let me hear what the Lord God says, because he speaks peace to his people and to his faithful ones. – Psalm 85:8
16. Those who make peace sow the seeds of justice by their peaceful acts. – James 3:18
17. When people draw favor from the Lord, even their enemies are at peace with them. – Proverbs 16:7
18. Those with sound thoughts you will keep in peace, in peace because they trust in you. – Isaiah 26:3
19. He saves me, unharmed, from my struggle, though there are many who are out to get me. – Psalm 55:18
20. I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
21. Get along well with God and be at peace; from this something good will come to you. Receive instruction from his mouth; put his words in your mind. – Job 22:21-22
22. Happy are people who make peace, because they will be called God’s children. – Matthew 5:9