In this post, we will be looking at 30 bible verses about thanksgiving and gratitude. As thanksgiving day celebration for 2021 approaches, let’s not forget to celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ for the sacrifice He made on the cross.
As Christians, we ought to celebrate our God daily and give thanks to His name for saving us from eternal destruction.
I don’t about you but my God is worth celebrating for His abundant blessings showered on me. And we can do this by reflecting on these powerful bible verses about thanksgiving and gratitude.
Follow us for more inspirational bible verses:
How do you thank God in difficult times?
According to Paul the apostle, we are to give thanks to God in all circumstances. This is recorded in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 – “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
Let’s also learn from Davidhow he gives thanks to God as recorded in Psalm 34:1 – “I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”
How do you thank God for answered prayers?
Dear Lord, I thank you for answering all my prayer requests and even the once I did not ask for. Let your name be praised for ever and ever – Amen.
Lord, words cannot express your ending love for me for sending your angels with answers to all that I have asked for. Thank you for I know you have done it all. Amen!
Bible Verses About Thanksgiving and Gratitude
1. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! – 2 Corinthians 9:15
2. Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever! – 1 Chronicles 16:34 (ESV)
3. Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise; the fruit of lips that openly profess His name. – Hebrews 13:15
4. This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. – Psalm 118:24 (ESV)
5. Now therefore, our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name. – 1 Chronicles 29:13 (NKJV)
6. And on that day you will say, Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name. Make known His deeds among the peoples; make them remember that His name is exalted. Praise the Lord in song, for He has done glorious things; let this be known throughout the earth. – Isaiah 12:4-5 (NASB)
7. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. – 1 Corinthians 15:57
8. Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is the great God, and the great King above all gods. In His hand are the deep places of the earth’ the heights of the hills are His also. The sea is His, for He made it; and His hands formed the dry land. – Psalm 95:1-5 (NKJV)
9. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. – Colossians 3:17
10. As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. – Colossians 2:6-7 (NKJV)
11. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world. – Romans 1:8
12. When Daniel knew that the document had been signed, he went to his house where he had windows in his upper chamber open toward Jerusalem. He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done previously. – Daniel 6:10
13. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. – James 1:17
14. And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever. – Revelation 4:9
15. So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, Father, I thank you that you have heard me. – John 11:41
16. Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice; 16 and he fell on his face at Jesus feet, giving him thanks. – Luke 17:15-16
17. Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:4-7
18. To you, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of you, for you have made known to us the kings matter. – Daniel 2:23
19. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. – Colossians 3:15
20. but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your hearts to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to our God and Father. – Ephesians 5:18-20 (NASB)
21. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! – Psalm 100:4
22. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. – Hebrews 12:28
23. Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all His benefits; who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion. – Psalm 103:1-4
24. And when you sacrifice a sacrifice of thanksgiving to the Lord, you shall sacrifice it so that you may be accepted. – Leviticus 22:29
25. We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks, for your name is near. We recount your wondrous deeds. – Psalm 75:1
26. Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord. Blessed are those who keep His statutes and seek Him with all their heart; they do no wrong but follow His ways. You have laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed. Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees! Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands. I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws. I will obey your decrees; do not utterly forsake me. – Psalm 119:1-8
27. Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
28. Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving – Colossians 4:2
29. Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever! Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has redeemed from trouble and gathered in from the lands, from the east and from the west, from the north and from the south. – Psalm 107:1-3 (ESV)
30. And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord, For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout when they praised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. – Ezra 3:11
I hope you enjoyed our list of bible verses about thanksgiving and gratitude and don’t forget to share this with your loved once.