In this post we will be looking at some powerful bible verses about welcoming visitors, bible verses about hospitality or what does the bible say about hospitality.
Don’t forget to follow us for more uplifting bible verses:
Which Bible passage talks about Hospitality?
In 1 Timothy 5:10, the Bible talks about supporting widows if they possess these characteristics – “She must be well respected by everyone because of the good she has done. Has she brought up her children well? Has she been kind to strangers and served other believers humbly? Has she helped those who are in trouble? Has she always been ready to do good?”
What Bible verse says therefore welcome one another?
Romans 15:7 – Therefore welcome one another, just as our Lord Christ also welcomed you, to the glory of God.
Bible Verses About Welcoming Visitors
1. And having a reputation for good works: if she has brought up children, has shown hospitality, has washed the feet of the saints, has cared for the afflicted, and has devoted herself to every good work. – 1 Timothy 5:10
2. When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. – Leviticus 19:33
3. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach. – 1 Timothy 3:2
4. He said, Come in, O blessed of the Lord. Why do you stand outside? For I have prepared the house and a place for the camels. – Genesis 24:31
5. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. – 1 Peter 4:9
6. You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt. – Exodus 22:21
7. She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. – Proverbs 31:20
8. The native people showed us unusual kindness, for they kindled a fire and welcomed us all, because it had begun to rain and was cold. – Acts 28:2
9. Beloved, it is a faithful thing you do in all your efforts for these brothers, strangers as they are. – 3 John 1:5
10. That you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints, and help her in whatever she may need from you, for she has been a patron of many and of myself as well. – Romans 16:2
11. The sojourner has not lodged in the street; I have opened my doors to the traveler. – Job 31:32
12. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. – Hebrews 13:2
13. You shall not oppress a sojourner. You know the heart of a sojourner, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt. – Exodus 23:9
14. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. – Leviticus 19:34
15. And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God. – Leviticus 19:10
Bible verses about hospitality
16. And after she was baptized, and her household as well, she urged us, saying, If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay. And she prevailed upon us. – Acts 16:15
17. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. – Hebrews 13:16
18. Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? – Isaiah 58:7
19. Gaius, who is host to me and to the whole church, greets you. Erastus, the city treasurer, and our brother Quartus, greet you. – Romans 16:23
20. One day Elisha went on to Shunem, where a wealthy woman lived, who urged him to eat some food. So whenever he passed that way, he would turn in there to eat food. – 2 Kings 4:8
21. Whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies-in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. – 1 Peter 4:11
22. But hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. – Titus 1:8
23. Rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man. – Ephesians 6:7
24. Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. – Luke 10:38
25. You shall have the same rule for the sojourner and for the native, for I am the Lord your God. – Leviticus 24:22
26. For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward. – Mark 9:41
27. For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. – Galatians 5:13
28. And the King will answer them, Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me. – Matthew 25:40
29. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. – Romans 12:13
30. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith. – Galatians 6:10
We hope that you have been blessed by these collection of powerful bible verses about welcoming visitors, bible verses about hospitality or what does the bible say about hospitality.