In this post, we will be looking at over 30 promising bible verses for strength to fortify your spirit and life as a Christian. Defeated, chained, and blinded, these are not the kind of words we’d normally relate to strength. Yet, it was in this exact circumstance Samson discovered his true source of strength and managed to be used by God to set his people free.
He will give his people strength. He will bless them with peace. – Psalm 29:11
Oftentimes, when everything seems to be going fine, we tend to get contented and rely on our strength. However, this is not what God planned for us. God wants us to focus and depend on Him and not ourselves, for it is through Him that we can accomplish great things.
God created us in His image and likeness hence we inherited His DNA. But when man sinned, we lost all the strength and power we had. Each time we experience weakness in our life, we humbly seek His face. When God sees that we have come with a humble heart, He then becomes our strength.
When God shows up in our battle, we no longer struggle for strength, for God now fights our battles for us. According to Romans 8:31 – If God is for us, who can be against us?
Therefore friends, let us find the strength and grace to proclaim these words, “The Lord is the strength of my life.”
God wants to show Himself strong on our behalf, and all we need to do is to trust in Him and let Him strengthen us when we are feeble.
I pray that these bible verses for strength below will help to remind you that God is your true source of strength. Read through them, and let the strength of God flow through you. For truly, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
Follow us for more bible verses that will bless you:
Bible Verses For Strength
1. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
2. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? – Psalm 27:1
3. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord! – Psalm 31:24
4. Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! – Psalm 105:4
5. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
6. This is the day that the Lord has made.
7. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. – Nehemiah 8:10
8. The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe. – Proverbs 18:10
9. Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. – Psalm 34:10
10. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. – Psalm 9:9
11. Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! – 1 Chronicles 16:11
12. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. – Psalm 32:7-8
13. My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. – Exodus 33:14
14. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. – Deuteronomy 33:27
15. When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. – Psalm 34:17
16. In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. – Isaiah 30:15
17. I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. – Psalm 34:4
18. Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
19. Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. – Isaiah 12:2
20. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. – 2 Timothy 1:7
21. When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. – Psalm 138:3
22. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. – Psalm 16:8
23. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. – 2 Thessalonians 3:3
24. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. – Isaiah 40:29
25. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. – 1 Peter 5: 10
26. Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. – Deuteronomy 31:6,8
27. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. – Ephesians 6:10