The recipegym.com forum page is your one stop place for all daily devotional messages, discussions surrounding frequently asked christian questions. Join our forum today and ask any faith question and learn more on the word of God.
Jesus wept bible verse
The phase "Jesus wept" which we all know to be the shortest verse in the bible can be found in John 11:35. Jesus wept after seeing Mary crying over the death of Lazarus.
Before v35, you could see that in v33, Jesus was deeply moved when He saw Mary weeping, alongside the Jews who had come along with her.
To fully understand the story, you need to read the whole of John 11.
- John 11:35 - Jesus wept.
- Luke 19:41 - And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
- John 11:33 - When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
- Hebrews 4:15 - For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
- John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- Luke 19:41-44 - And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
- John 11:1-57 - Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha