How to cook Beef Stew with Red Wine
Feb 23, 2021 3:05 pm
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz boneless beef, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups onion, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of thyme
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups caned tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned beef
- 6 black olives pitted and halved
- salt & pepper
- 2 red sweet pepper cut into strips
- Brown meat in olive oil, remove and add onion and carrots.
- Cook until onion softens add parsley and garlic cook for 3 minutes.
- Return meat to pan and mix veggies with meat.
- Stir in bay leaf, thyme nutmeg. Add wine bring to boil, stirring 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, stock, and olives. Season w/salt/pepper.
- Cover and bake 1 1/2 hr. Remove and add red pepper and cook uncovered for 30 minutes or until beef is tender.