In this post, we will be looking at over 20 powerful heartfelt bible verses about love that will fill you with warmth and compassion. There are many kinds of love in this world, but none of them can be compared to the enduring Love that God has shown towards us. He loves us so much that despite our rebelliousness and sins, He still gave up His most precious treasure – His Son, in order to redeem us back to Him.
We love Him because He first loved us. – 1 John 4:19
It’s hard to imagine what it must have been like to give up something so dear. Yet, God did so willingly in order for us to once again enter His loving presence. It is through this finished work of Jesus – the laying down of His life for us, that we can now call God our Father.
This is the kind of love that is of the highest form, the kind of love that never stops, and selflessly puts others first. It doesn’t force itself on others by saying, “Look at me!” But instead, quietly goes about offering itself to all who would draw from it. It never keeps score of how much it has given, or how much is owed towards it. It always trusts, never looks back, but steps up and presses on to the end.
This is the Love of God, for God is Love, and when we choose to dwell in Him, He shall be able to love others through us.
I believe words are feeble when used to describe the Love of God. But my hope is that through the quotations on love below, you can but have a glimpse of how deep and how wide God’s Love for you really is.
Prayer For Love of God
May you have a fresh revelation of God’s Love, and be able to feel the loving embrace of our Father as He watches over you. And may we too be able to extend the same kind of love to those around us – Amen.
Follow us for more bible verses that will bless you:
Bible Verses About Love
1. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16
2. I have found the one whom my soul loves. – Song of Solomon 3:4
3. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. – 1 John 4:8
4. Love your neighbor as yourself. – Galatians 5:14
5. Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. – Proverbs 10:12
6. These things I command you, that ye love one another. – John 15:17
7. My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. – I John 3:18
8. I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine. – Song of Solomon 2:16
9. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, – 1 John 4:18
10. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. – John 15:12
11. Do everything in love. – Corinthians 16:14
12. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. – 1 Peter 4:8
13. Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. – Ephesians 5:21
14. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. – Corinthians 13:13
15. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. – Romans 12:9
16. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. – Colossians 3:14
17. Do to others as you would have them do to you. – Luke 6:31
18. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate. – Mark 10:9
19. Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. – Proverbs 31:10
20. A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. – Proverbs 17:17
21. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. – Ephesians 4:2
22. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. – Romans 12:10