In this post, we will be looking at 20 bible verses about finding hope and purpose in our life, and what the bible says about hope. We know that hope is expectation of something you have not yet seen but believed that you will receive it by faith.
As Christians, we need to put our hope and trust in God at all times with expectation that He will fulfill His will and promise to us when we least expected.
What does Paul say about hope?
Apostle Paul beautiful summarizes what hope means in Romans 8:24 – “For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.”
Bible Verses About Finding Hope
1. But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more. – Psalm 71:14
2. Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life. – Proverbs 13:12
3. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
4. Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off. – Proverbs 23:18
5. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
6. So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. – 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
7. And Jesus said to him, If you can! All things are possible for one who believes. – Mark 9:23
8. And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you. – Psalm 39:7
9. Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. – Hebrews 11:1
10. The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectation of the wicked will perish. – Proverbs 10:28
11. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. – Romans 15:13
12. But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40:31
13. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. – Jeremiah 17:7
14. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. – Romans 5:2-5
15. But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. – Romans 8:25
16. Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. – Deuteronomy 31:6
17. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. – Romans 12:12
18. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. – Psalm 119:105
19. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-30
20. Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few. – Matthew 7:13-14
We hope that you have been blessed by these bible verses about finding hope and purpose in our life, and what the bible says about hope.