What is Faith?
Before we looking into some of the most inspiring faith quotes collections from both the bible and by some of the greatest minds, we need to understand what faith is. As we already know, Faith according to the Word of God, is having hope in something we do not yet see. In other words, we need to believe in God that He has made provision for something we need even when its not yet available. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen – Hebrews 11:1“
Faith is an integral part of our life because without faith or hope, we won’t be able to move ahead in life. Faith pushes us forward even when we have lost all hope, and by it we have strength when we are weak, we have hope when fear overwhelms us.
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning – Psalm 30:5 (KJV)
In addition, faith inspires us to believe in ourselves. When we believe in our self, we can accomplish things we set our minds to do without the fear of failing. There is a saying that “the sky is your limit” but I can assure you that with faith, the sky is never your limit.
Bible Verses on Faith
1. Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done”. – Matthew 21:21 (NIV)
2. Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” – John 11:40 (NIV)
3. ” …to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me” – Acts 26:18 (NIV)
4. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13 (NIV)
5. “Then Jesus declared, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.'” – John 6:35 (NIV)
6. “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love …” – Ephesians 3:16-17 (NIV)
7. “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” – Galatians 2:20 (NASB)
8. “Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.” – 1 Peter 1:21 (NIV)
9. “For we live by faith, not by sight.” – 2 Corinthians 5:7 (NIV)
10. “And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.” – Hebrews 11:6 (NASB)
11. “Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” – Romans 5:1 (NASB)
12. “I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws” – Psalm 119:30 (NIV)
13. “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” – 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV)
14. “He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” – Matthew 17:20 (NIV)
15. “…in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time” – Titus 1:2 (NIV)
16. “We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” – 1 Thessalonians 1:3 (NIV)
17. “Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters.” – Romans 14:1 (NIV)
18. “…so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.” – 1 Corinthians 2:5 (NASB)
19. “In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one” – Ephesians 6:16 (NIV)
20. “Because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” – James 1:3 (NIV)
Inspiring Quotes about Faith
21. Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation. – D. Elton Trueblood
22. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. – Norman Vincent Peale
23. None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith. – Paulo Coelho
24. Life is full of happiness and tears; be strong and have faith. – Kareena Kapoor Khan
25. Faith is building on what you know is here so you can reach what you know is there. – Cullen Hightower
26. To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. – Thomas Aquinas
27. Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life. – Gregory Peck
28. As you practice counting your blessings, you will find that your faith is being suddenly revitalized. – Robert Schuller
29. Faith is unseen but felt, faith is strength when we feel we have none, faith is hope when all seems lost. – Catherine Pulsifer
30. A man of courage is also full of faith. – Marcus Tullius
31. Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
32. Faith is what makes life bearable, with all its tragedies and ambiguities and sudden, startling joys. – Madeleine L’Engle
33. My faith didn’t remove the pain, but it got me through the pain. Trusting God didn’t diminish or vanquish the anguish, but it enabled me to endure it. – Robert Rogers
34. Without faith a man can do nothing; with it all things are possible. – Sir William Osler
35. Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish. – Brad Henry
36. Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right. – Max Lucado
37. Worrying is arrogant because God knows what He’s doing. – Barbara Cameron
38. Otherwise without faith it becomes very difficult to keep pushing forward every day. – Darrin Wiggins
39. Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
40. Faith and prayer are the vitamins of the soul; man cannot live in health without them. – Mahalia Jackson
41. Have faith, knowing tomorrow will hold the blessings of God. – Robert Schuller, Jr.
42. It’s faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
43. The Lord is faithful to those who are faithful and earnestly seek Him. – Ben Lance
44. Doubt isn’t the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith. – Paul Tillich
45. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. –Mother Teresa
46. You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith. – Mary Manin Morrissey
47. Faith is a recognition of those things which are above the sense. – Henry Ward Beech
48. Do not be afraid; our fate cannot be taken from us; it is a gift. –
49. Faith is a firm trust and conviction that sometimes if God doesn’t give you what you think you want, it’s not because you don’t deserve it, but because you deserve better. – David A. R. White
50. Every man should believe in something. If not… he would doubt everything, even himself. – Toba Beta