This prawns with rice noodles makes the ideal healthy meal for the whole family.
- 250g rice noodles
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 200g raw peeled and de-veined prawns
- 50ml sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- ½ small diced cucumber
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 large red chili – de-seeded and julienne
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- soy sauce to taste
- First mix 1 tablespoon full brown sugar, with 1 squeezed lime juice and 1 tablespoon oyster sauce and fish sauce. Mix until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth. Set aside the mixture.
- Place a pot or wok over medium-high heat and heat 1 10ml sesame oil, the add the chopped onions and peppers and stir-fry for about 4 minutes and wait it both starts to soften. You need to press down constantly until you are sure both the onion and pepper are both soften
- While still frying, add the red chili along with the prawn and continue to stir-fry for another 5-6 minutes or more depending on when the prawn starts to turn pink and look tender.
- Now add the mixture earlier prepared in step 1 and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes
- Lower the heat and add the cucumber and chopped coriander leaves. Stir for a little while and then add the rice noodles.
- Cover pot or wok and let everything simmer for another 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and ready to serve immediately
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pot
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 74.6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 17.2
Keywords: Rice Noodles with Prawn Soup or Prawn Recipe with Rice Noodles