Table of Content
In this post, we will be looking at how to make a delicious Blueberry with Banana Porridge win less than 5 minutes. Making this breakfast recipe takes less time and its also very cost effective.
Blueberry With Banana Porridge
More recipes you may like:
- 5 Important Health Benefits of Oranges
- 10 Important Health Benefits of Eating Bananas
- 20 Easy Charcuterie Board Ideas
This blueberry and banana porridge is good to wet your appetite and comes with very high dietary fiber content, which helps to control your blood sugar levels while also keeping you full. When you eat less but still full, this helps you control your weight which is very good for those watching their weight.
An interesting benefit of this meal is it helps іn preventing frее-rаdісаl dаmаgе tо сеllѕ (antioxidant), and іt may well lоwеr your blood pressure.
Benefits of Bananas & Blueberry
Health Benefits of Banana
- Bananas comes with high fibre content both soluble and insoluble. The soluble fiber helps to slow down digestion and keeps you full for a long period of time.
- They are good for the heart based on studies from University of Leeds that increased intake of fibre-rich food helps lower the risk of both cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coronary heart disease (CHD)
- Banana is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals for good health. These includes calcium, potassium, manganese, iron, magnesium, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6. These are all essential to the functioning of the human body
- With regards to high blood pressure, it is a known fact that salt is one of the root cause of high blood pressure. Bananas do have low salt content as well as high potassium content, hence making it ideal for those undergoing such conditions
- Furthermore, bananas do help to fight anaemia due to its high content of iron
Health Benefits of Blueberry
On the other hand, blueberries do have its own benefits to the human body
- They are high in nutrients but low in calories
- Blueberries are good antioxidants that helps to protect your body from free radicals
- Also they reduce the DNA Damage, which may help in protecting against cancer and aging
- They also protect the cholesterol in the human blood from becoming damaged
- Further benefits includes heart disease prevention, maintaining of the brain function and improved memory, help those with diabetes due to it anthocyanins content, importantly help fight urinary tract infections
- CALORIES – 180 kcal
- PROTEIN – 25 grams
- FAT – 11 grams
- CARBS – 3 grams
- Nuts (Optional)
- 100ml water
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 100g sliced banana
- 100g blueberries
- 75g porridge oats
- 200ml almond milk
How To make Blueberry with Banana Porridge
- First, mix the porridge oats, almond milk and water in a mixing bowl.
- Place the mixed content in microwave and heat it for about 3 minutes
- Then add the protein powder and mix it thoroughly.
- Next, add both the sliced banana and blueberries including the nuts (this is optional) on top of the porridge
- Lastly, you can add a little bit of honey to give it an extra sweetness taste
- You can serve this as part of your breakfast meal.