How to Seek God
How to seek God or Seeking God the right way.
To begin with, this is the first of my weekly devotional topics I have been working on for some time now – How to seek God the right way. The purpose of this weekly devotional topics is to spread the Word of God while giving an understanding of what the bible is saying to us as Christians and also to those yet to receive Christ as their personal savior and Lord.
I will be breaking down the post contents into smaller chunks for ease of digestion so its not overwhelming if the post is too lengthy. My hope and target is to give you all snippets of God’s words including relevant bible quotations so we can grow stronger in faith and be disciples to others yet to receive Christ into their life.
How to Seek God
Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV) says “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” So in seeking God, your heart has to stay connected to Him at all times. In addition to this, you need to set your heart ablaze with the word of God. Furthermore, the word of God helps you to align yourself with the spirit in other for you not pray amiss. God’s kingdom comes when He finds alerted men who have aligned themselves to the word of God.
Furthermore, every man must pay the price of alignment in other to be an effective host of God’s glory. Therefore, the cost of alignment requires pruning, in-depth of the word, discipline, commitment, tears, appetite to mention a few which in the end brings God’s glory to you and your house-hold.
Romans 8:18 (NIV) says “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” Thus, seeking God requires spending time in the presence of God. However, most of the things we seek can be found in His presence. Constant prayer is a shield to you in times of battle, it keeps you alert and activate your senses in the spirit where mysteries are revealed to you.
Romans 8:11 (NIV) – “And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you“
Matthew 13:11 (NIV) – “He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them“
The travail in seeking God is for you to prevail – Hope
- Stay strong and never give up in time of adversity
- Be fierce and fiery until your fear fears your faith
- You can transform as well as perform in the place of seeking God
Luke 4:14 (NIV) – “Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside.“
Be rest assured that when you seek God with all your heart, you will overcome all challenges, bring God’s covenant concerning you to manifestation, and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.
Bible Verses About Seeking God
1. I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me – Proverbs 8:17
2. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us – Acts 17:27
3. But if I were you, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted – Job 5:8-9
4. So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened – Luke 11:9-10
5. The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it – Matthew 13:44-46
6. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him – Hebrews 11:6
7. Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart, they do no wrong but follow his ways – Psalm 119:2-3
8. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing – Psalm 34:10
9. Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon – Isaiah 55:6-7
10. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded – James 4:8
11. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well – Matthew 6:33
12. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart – Jeremiah 29:13
13. Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the LORD your God. Begin to build the sanctuary of the LORD God, so that you may bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD and the sacred articles belonging to God into the temple that will be built for the Name of the LORD – 1 Chronicles 22:19
14. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you, declares the LORD, and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile – Jeremiah 29:11-14
15. But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The LORD is great!” – Psalm 40:16
16. But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the LORD your God and obey him. For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath – Deuteronomy 4:29-31
17. if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land – 2 Chronicles 7:14
18. One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple – Psalm 27:4
19. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you – Psalm 9:10
20. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands – Psalm 119:10
21. Seek the LORD, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the LORD’s anger – Zephaniah 2:3
22. The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him – Lamentations 3:25
23. You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water – Psalm 63:1
24. This is what the LORD Almighty says: Many peoples and the inhabitants of many cities will yet come, and the inhabitants of one city will go to another and say, ‘Let us go at once to entreat the LORD and seek the LORD Almighty. I myself am going.’ And many peoples and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the LORD Almighty and to entreat him. This is what the LORD Almighty says: In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.’ – Zechariah 8:20-23
25. Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened – Matthew 7:7-8
26. There is no one righteous, not even one; no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God – Romans 3:10-11
27. From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us – Acts 17:26-27
28. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always – 1 Chronicles 16:11
29. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always – Psalm 105:4
30. The LORD looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God – Psalm 14:2
31. Whenever God slew them, they would seek him; they eagerly turned to him again – Psalm 78:34
32. But Jehoshaphat also said to the king of Israel, First seek the counsel of the Lord – 1 Kings 22:5
Have you been able to seek God’s face?
Leave a comment below, i’d love to hear from you on your experience!