This prawns with rice noodles makes the ideal healthy meal for the whole family. With the right amount of oyster sauce and fish sauce, stir-fried with sesame oil and raw prawns alongside chopped onions, red chili pepper, brown sugar, cucumber and coriander leaves, you end up with the perfect lunch or dinner meal.
After my morning breakfast, I was wondering what will I have for my afternoon quick meal and I had several ideas popping all over my head. I decided to try out something new with with Rice Noodles and King Prawn recipe soup. I love prawns a lot so forgive me for using it in this recipe.
Rice Noodles with Prawns
I choose to prepare this recipe for my own personal try and see how it comes out. I have made this recipe using raw king prawn, ready to cook rice noodles, stir-fry chopped onions with seedless and julienne red chilli pepper till soften. Mixed a small quantity of brown sugar with fish sauce and oyster sauce together. Added the chopped cucumber, chopped coriander leaves, added the rice noodles and cooked everything together with soy sauce to taste.
- Adding soy sauce to taste is completely up to you and you might have to try different small quantity to get the desired taste
- You can either use a red onion or white onion. Either would do the trick
- Some suggest adding 2 tablespoon full fish and oyster sauce but I choose to add 1 tablespoon each as it balances the whole taste.
- If you have an already cooked rice noodles, you can either add the final prawn recipe on top and serve or add the rice noodles and simmer all together
This prawns with rice noodles makes the ideal healthy meal for the whole family.
- 250g rice noodles
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 200g raw peeled and de-veined prawns
- 50ml sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- ½ small diced cucumber
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 large red chili – de-seeded and julienne
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- soy sauce to taste
- First mix 1 tablespoon full brown sugar, with 1 squeezed lime juice and 1 tablespoon oyster sauce and fish sauce. Mix until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth. Set aside the mixture.
- Place a pot or wok over medium-high heat and heat 1 10ml sesame oil, the add the chopped onions and peppers and stir-fry for about 4 minutes and wait it both starts to soften. You need to press down constantly until you are sure both the onion and pepper are both soften
- While still frying, add the red chili along with the prawn and continue to stir-fry for another 5-6 minutes or more depending on when the prawn starts to turn pink and look tender.
- Now add the mixture earlier prepared in step 1 and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes
- Lower the heat and add the cucumber and chopped coriander leaves. Stir for a little while and then add the rice noodles.
- Cover pot or wok and let everything simmer for another 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and ready to serve immediately
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pot
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 74.6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 17.2
Keywords: Rice Noodles with Prawn Soup or Prawn Recipe with Rice Noodles