Instant Pot Roast Beef and Potatoes is one of my many delicious dinner meal, which is very comforting and great for the entire family. I love making this meal for my family occasionally as they all love it, especially my partner. Keep in mind that you can use Instant Pot to cook any delicious meal for the whole family as long as you know what recipe you intend cooking with it.
So if you’re looking for the perfect traditional pot roast recipe, then feel to try this version out. This recipe is made with cuts of tender beef chuck roast, it also goes by many different names such as Cross-Rib Roast, Seven-Bone Pot Roast, Blade Roast, Shoulder Clod, Arm Pot Roast, as well as Boneless Chuck Roast. Some of the key ingredients used for making this family recipe are readily available. They are cheap in cost and overall preparation time needed to cook this is under one hour 20 minutes.
What is Instant Pot
Before I go ahead to preparing and cooking this meal, I felt it would make more sense to explain what an Instant Pot. This would be beneficial especially to those new to making recipes and might be wondering what Instant Pot really means.
If you have heard of Slow Cooker appliance and Pressure Cookers, then think of Instant Pot as a combination of both pressured and slow cooking features. Instant Pot takes up less space in the kitchen and are electronically controlled. This appliance is designed to consolidate the cooking and preparing of food to one simple device (multicooker).
Quick Cooking Tips
- With the right amount, mix the garlic, salt, onion powder, parsley, as well as pepper in a small bowl until all ingredients are well mixed. Then season the chicken roast with this mixture.
- On the Instant Pot appliance, switch to the saute function and wait till the display indicates “hot”. Then pour in the oil and add the roast chicken into it. Allow it to cook without flipping for about 3 minutes, then after flip and cook for another 3 minutes or so.
- While at it, add the following ingredients broth, vinegar, tomato pasta, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to mix all.
- Now cover the instant pot with the lid, set the valve to seal mode and then select the pressure cooker or manual setting and set the timer for about an hour or more.
- After a while, check to see if the cooking is done, then switch off the instant pot appliance. Use the natural pressure release function for about 10 minutes before you vent and open the lid.
- At this stage, you need to add in the carrots and potatoes and then cover the Instant Pot with the lid, seal the valve and set the cook time in manual mode for another 3 minutes.
- When the cook time is reached, release the pressure naturally for about 10 minutes. Now set the valve to quick pressure release and then open the lid.
- At this point, the cooking is all ready to serve. Simply remove the beef from the instant pot and serve with carrots and potatoes as desired.
- Calories: 407 kcal
- Protein: 35 grams
- Fat: 21 grams
- Carbs: 18 grams
- Iron: 24.8%
For a complete print out the recipe, see below. While at it, check out some of our other recipes you would love:
- 10 Slow Cooker Recipes
- Broccoli & Feta Omelet with Toast Recipe
- 15 Fast Weight Loss Tips
- 10 Low Carb Sushi Recipes
Delicious Instant Pot Roast and Potatoes is the perfect dinner recipe which is very comforting and great for the whole family
- 2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Power
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 cup Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1.5 lb Little Potatoes
- 3 Large Carrot (Peeled and Cut)
- Mix the seasoning, garlic, salt, onion powder, parsley, and pepper in a small bowl until when combined. Then sprinkle the mixture over the roast as seasoning.
- Next, switch on the instant pot and switch to saute function. When the display reads “hot,” add in the oil and add in the roast into the pot. Cook without flipping for three minutes then flip and cook for another three minutes.
- Add in broth, vinegar, tomato pasta, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine.
- Cover the instant pot with the lid and set the valve to seal mode and then select the pressure cooker or manual setting and set the timer for about and hour or more.
- When the cooking is done, switch off the instant pot and then use the natural pressure release function for about ten minutes and then vent and then open the lid.
- Add in the carrots and potatoes and then cover again with the lid, seal the valve and set the cook time in manual mode for three minutes.
- When the cook time is reached, release the pressure naturally for about ten minutes then set the valve to quick pressure release and then open the lid. Next, remove the beef from the instant pot and serve with carrots and potatoes.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 9
- Calories: 407
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat:
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 35
Keywords: Instant Pot Recipe, Instant Pot Roast, Keto Pot Roast, Pot Roast Recipe