Instant Pot Roast Beef and Potatoes is one of my many delicious dinner meal, which is very comforting and great for the entire family. I love making this meal for my family occasionally as they all love it, especially my partner. Keep in mind that you can use Instant Pot to cook any delicious meal for the whole family as long as you know what recipe you intend cooking with it.
So if you’re looking for the perfect traditional pot roast recipe, then feel to try this version out. This recipe is made with cuts of tender beef chuck roast, it also goes by many different names such as Cross-Rib Roast, Seven-Bone Pot Roast, Blade Roast, Shoulder Clod, Arm Pot Roast, as well as Boneless Chuck Roast. Some of the key ingredients used for making this family recipe are readily available. They are cheap in cost and overall preparation time needed to cook this is under one hour 20 minutes.
What is Instant Pot
Before I go ahead to preparing and cooking this meal, I felt it would make more sense to explain what an Instant Pot. This would be beneficial especially to those new to making recipes and might be wondering what Instant Pot really means.
If you have heard of Slow Cooker appliance and Pressure Cookers, then think of Instant Pot as a combination of both pressured and slow cooking features. Instant Pot takes up less space in the kitchen and are electronically controlled. This appliance is designed to consolidate the cooking and preparing of food to one simple device (multicooker).
Quick Cooking Tips
- With the right amount, mix the garlic, salt, onion powder, parsley, as well as pepper in a small bowl until all ingredients are well mixed. Then season the chicken roast with this mixture.
- On the Instant Pot appliance, switch to the saute function and wait till the display indicates “hot”. Then pour in the oil and add the roast chicken into it. Allow it to cook without flipping for about 3 minutes, then after flip and cook for another 3 minutes or so.
- While at it, add the following ingredients broth, vinegar, tomato pasta, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to mix all.
- Now cover the instant pot with the lid, set the valve to seal mode and then select the pressure cooker or manual setting and set the timer for about an hour or more.
- After a while, check to see if the cooking is done, then switch off the instant pot appliance. Use the natural pressure release function for about 10 minutes before you vent and open the lid.
- At this stage, you need to add in the carrots and potatoes and then cover the Instant Pot with the lid, seal the valve and set the cook time in manual mode for another 3 minutes.
- When the cook time is reached, release the pressure naturally for about 10 minutes. Now set the valve to quick pressure release and then open the lid.
- At this point, the cooking is all ready to serve. Simply remove the beef from the instant pot and serve with carrots and potatoes as desired.
- Calories: 407 kcal
- Protein: 35 grams
- Fat: 21 grams
- Carbs: 18 grams
- Iron: 24.8%
For a complete print out the recipe, see below. While at it, check out some of our other recipes you would love: