Are you looking for the perfect boneless and skinless chicken thighs recipe that is quick and easy to make. Check out our low carb chicken thigh recipe with a mouth-watery creamy mushroom sauce to give it the needed tasty balance. This creamy delight is quick, easy and very healthy for the whole family and especially during special occasions.
This is one of the many recipes I do not miss and occasionally make for my family either for lunch or dinner. My family do love it, my friends love it the more when they visit and its the perfect low carb dish you want to have on regular basis.
I choose to use the boneless or skinless chicken thigh for following reasons:
- They are a good sources of lean protein
- Its more tastier than the chicken breast
- It takes less time to prepare and cook chicken thighs
- Chicken thigh are often less expensive as well
According to Body Ecology, monounsaturated fat which can be found in chicken thighs, can help aid in weight loss, control and reduce pesky cholesterol numbers, as well as lower your risk of heart disease and cancer.
Quick Cooking Tips
Prepare the Chicken Thigh
- To prepare the chicken thighs, you need to dry the chicken thighs using a paper towel, trim off any excess fat around it. Add the following seasonings into the chicken thigh – salts and lemon juice. Leave aside the chicken thigh for about 15 minutes to let it absorb the lemon juice and salt.
- While at it, mix the thyme, garlic cloves, pepper, and rosemary together. Use the mixed seasoning ingredients to coat the chicken thigh.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat then sear the chicken thighs until each side is browned. Heat each sides for about 8 minutes each.
- Put the chicken in a plate and keep aside.
Prepare the Creamy Mushroom
- Add both mushrooms and olive oil into a skillet and then add in pepper and salt as seasoning and cook until soft.
- Add in the garlic, thyme, parsley, and rosemary and saute until it is fragrant. Then add in the heavy cream, stir, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and then keep cooking until the sauce thickens, then add in the nutmeg and then the parmesan cheese. Let it melt through the sauce for about 4 minutes while stirring occasionally.
The final task is to transfer the cooked chicken thigh into the pan and then season with pepper and salt. Also garnish it with parmesan cheese and parsley, then serve.
- Calories: 558 kcal
- Protein: 81%
- Fat: 63%
- Carbs: 3%
For a complete print out the recipe, see below. While at it, check out some of our other recipes you would love: