In this post, we will be looking at a collection of bodybuilding and fitness bible verses, bible verses about fitness, fitness scripture that relates to keeping our body both fit and holy. As a christian, we owe it to our-self to keep our body strong and healthy. Going to the gym and exercising your body or lifting weight is no sin so I encourage all Christians to go for regular exercise and even yoga workouts. The only challenge I have observed and noticed amount Christians especially the youth is some go to the gym for the wrong motive while some go for the right reasons. I will breakdown what I mean by that.
Bible Verses to Motivate You to Exercise – Fitness Bible Verses
1. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. – 1 Corinthians 9:26-27
2. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40:29-31
3. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:13
4. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
5. A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might. – Proverbs 24:5
6. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. – Proverbs 31:17
7. All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. – 1 Corinthians 9:25
8. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. – 2 Timothy 4:7
Taking care of the Body God Gave You – Fitness Scripture
9. Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come. – 1 Timothy 4:8
10. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. – Proverbs 31:25
11. Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. – Romans 12:1
12. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. – Psalm 139:14
Short Bible Verses About Fitness
13. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. – Ephesians 6:10
14. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:13
15. Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. – 1 Corinthians 16:13
16. So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. – 1 Corinthians 10:31
17. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. – Ephesians 6:11
18. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. – Romans 8:37
19. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. – Acts 1:8
20. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
Is it a sin to go to the gym?
No its not a sin to go to the gym but there are circumstance that may cause going to the gym to give birth to sin. We live in times where a good number of christian youths go to the gym because they want to attract the opposite sex or make themselves attractable. You may end up making your body or physical appearance become an idol for others to lust after which leads to sin.
What does the bible say about causing others to sin
But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone hung around your neck. – Mark 9:42
Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes. – Proverbs 6:25
Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. – 2 Timothy 2:22
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. – Matthew 5:28
Is Exercising Sin?
Exercising or working out at the gym is not a sin as its not written anywhere in the bible. However, it is a sin if you are working out or exercising to impress the opposite sex to lust after your body.
The reason why I go to gym to exercise my body is not only to keep my body fit and healthy, but also to purify my heart & soul. When it comes to purifying my heart and soul, I need to be conscious of the contents of my heart and mind and ensuring its free from sinful or evil thoughts, hence helping me to have a clear productive mind. According to the writer of Proverbs: “watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.” – Proverbs 4:23
What God says about healthy living?
The bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:31 that whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, that all should be done to the glory of God. God expects us to honor Him also when deciding on the choice of food and drink we consume to live a healthy life. A Christian can not honor God with Alcoholic drink.
Checkout our 50 Motivational & Spiritual Quotes for Fitness
We hope you have been blessed by our collection of bodybuilding and fitness bible verses, bible verses about fitness, fitness scripture.