I love Italian food and this healthy low carb baked chicken parmesan is no exception. Parmesan for those who may not know, is a hard yellowish cheese with rich fruity flavor. This cheese is partly made from skimmed or partially skimmed cow milk. Baking the parmesan with chicken in oven gives it the perfect crispy and crusty taste. Before we proceed with steps on how to make this low carb baked chicken parmesan, lets take a quick look at the nutritional value of baking a chicken compared to frying chicken.
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- First quick tip is to try and remove the chicken skin off before baking it, so it reduces the chicken’s fat content.
- Second quick tip is to try and use some healthy seasonings to help avoid saturated fat or sodium
Baked Chicken Recipe Nutritional Value
- Baked chicken is a rich source of high quality protein
- When baked, it helps to boost once iron intake
- Baked chicken are healthier and tastier
QUICK COOKING TIPS
- Get your oven ready and pre-heat for about 400 degrees. Use a baking sheet and line it with a foil sheet. Then spray the foil sheet with the cooking oil
- Crack and beat 1 whole egg inside a bowl, then mix all the spices including parmesan cheese inside another separate bowl. Then coat each sides of each piece of chicken with the egg, then coat inside the cheese and spice mixture
- Place each thoroughly coated chicken inside the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes till its properly baked.
- When ready, top each chicken piece with sauce and shredded mozzarella.
- Finally bake each piece chicken again for twenty minutes until the cheese is bubbly and melted and the temperature reads 160 degrees
- Calories: 442 kcal
- Protein: 62 grams
- Fat: 17 grams
- Carbs: 5 grams
For a complete print out of the recipe, see below. While at it, check out some of our other recipes you would love:
- Low Carb Chicken Thigh with Mushroom Sauce
- Instant Pot Roast Recipe
- 15 Fast Weight Loss Tips
- 10 Low Carb Sushi Recipes
If you fancy making a Baked Chicken Parmesan sauce from scratch, check out Tricia’s healthy homemade pomodoro sauce recipe