We have all been affected by the pandemic and forced to stay at home. While at home, you wonder what exercises to do at home to help you keep fit at all times. In this article, we will show you simple keep fit exercises to do at home to help you get back in shape.
This simple basic abdominal crunch is the recommended workout you need to perform to help develop your abs. Let’s begin the abdominal crunch workout by following the steps below:
- First, lie down flat on your back.
- Next, place your hands behind your head and bend your knees to support your lower back.
- Using slow movements, carefully raise yourself using your abs. While doing that, keep your lower back on the floor at all times. Then slowly exhale when you reach the top. Then inhale as you slowly lower yourself down to the floor.
- Repeat the above routine 30 times and then rest for about 1 1/2 minutes.
To get the best result, try and do these at least four sets with rests between each set.
Leg Flutters or Flutter Kicks
The leg flutter or flutter kicks helps you build up your leg muscles and also your belly core. Follow these simple steps below to perform leg flutters effectively:
Note: If you feel any pain or discomfort, STOP the exercise and take a break. You must listen to your body and take immediate action to avoid any injuries.
- First, lie on your back flat and lift your head a bit.
- Keep your arms at the side parallel with your body and have your palms facing upwards.
- Lift your knees and feet off the floor and flutter your legs up and down for 20 seconds. Make sure that you are breathing at all times.
- Rest for 30 seconds and repeat this routine for 2 – 3 sets.
Other Health and Fitness Quotes
The trunk twists exercise helps build the love handle region. It’s also a good cardio exercise you can do at home. Now let’s begin:
- First, stand upright with your feet a foot apart and relax the knees.
- While keeping your hips and legs stable, twist your torso to the left.
- During the twist, swing your right arm across your body as though you were punching somebody.
- Immediately, twist your torso to the right, swinging your left arm across your body in a punching movement.
- Repeat this routine between 60 – 100 times. Repeat this routine gradually till you are comfortable reaching 100 or more.
Stomach Vacuum Exercise
The stomach vacuum exercise involves contracting some of your internal abdominal muscles, particularly the transversus abdominis muscle. It has little effect on the “six-pack” muscles trained using ab crunches and other core exercises.
The transverse abdominal is a much-neglected muscle. Its function is to stabilize the lower back and provide balance during heavy lifting. Of course, it also flattens the belly.
The stomach vacuum exercise consists of exhaling all the air in your lungs while simultaneously sucking in your stomach. Here are the instructions for this exercise:
- Stand up straight.
- Bend over slightly with your hands by your sides.
- Push out all of your air, lifting your upper body as you exhale. Pull your stomach in as you do this.
- Hold your stomach in for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise about ten times.
Reverse Stomach Crunch
The reverse stomach crunch workout helps build your rectus abdominis (your six-pack). This exercise primarily helps to flex your trunk and spine. To perform this routine, follow the steps outlined below carefully:
- Lie down on your back with your palms facing downwards by your sides.
- Bring your knees in towards your chest until they are bent to a 90-degree angle.
- Cross your ankles (optional).
- Contract your abs so that you curl your hips off the floor.
- Because of the short movement, you need to make sure that you use your abs. Do not swing your legs.
- Repeat the routine 10 to 14 reps. See if you can do between 2 to 3 sets.
The bicycle exercise is moving your legs back and forth like paddling a bicycle. But the only difference, in this case, is you are not using a physical bike.
- Lie face-up on the floor and place your hands lightly behind your head
- Bring your knees into your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the floor.
- Bring your right elbow towards your left knee as you straighten the right leg.
- Repeat the same on the other side
- Alternate sides in a “pedaling motion.”
Are my abs growing?
This is an important question. If your abs haven’t improved after four weeks of hard ab crunches, then you must be doing something wrong.
What muscles are sore the day after?
Which muscles are sore the day after an ab crunch session? If your arms, back, or neck are sore, then this indicates your technique is off.
Tips to make sure that your ab crunch technique is correct
- Keep your lower back on the floor – Make sure you don’t sit the whole way up. Your lower back should be pressed against the floor.
- Go slow with your crunch – Going slow will make sure that your ab technique is correct. When you start your ab crunch routine for the first time, concentrate hard on getting it right, and then it will become second nature.
Do reverse crunches burn belly fat?
In my opinion, the reverse crunch is one of the most effective workouts to lose belly fat quickly. Furthermore, reverse crunches help strengthen your belly core as well as improve your lower back stability.